Get Reading Right Case Studies
Hundreds of schools across Australia and around the world have implemented the Get Reading Right Synthetic Phonics program and are seeing incredible improvements in literacy; whether it be the shifts in literacy results, or joy at the confidence and creativity in children’s writing.
Download our case studies
Earlwood Public School – NSW
- NAPLAN: 48% increase in students in band 6 for reading. 96% increase in students in band 6 for spelling.
Earlwood Public School Reading Recovery Case Study – NSW
- Pre Get Reading Right: 51% of Year 1 boys and 62% of Year 1 girls at Reading Recovery level 12 or above.
- Post Get Reading Right: 73% of Year 1 boys and 75% of Year 1 girls at Reading Recovery level 12 or above.
Woodburn Public School – Lismore, NSW>
- Pre Get Reading Right: 28% with a reading age at PM Benchmark expected level.
- Post Get Reading Right: 90% of children at PM Benchmark expected level, or above.
Blaxcell Street Public School – Granville, Sydney, NSW
- Pre Get Reading Right: 48% with a reading age at expected level.
- Post Get Reading Right: 88% of children’s reading age was at expected level. Also, won the NSW Director General’s School Achievement Award for Literacy!
Grays Point Public School – Sutherland Shire, Sydney, NSW
- 30% increase in phonics knowledge.
- Children are independently writing sentences by the end of term one.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School – Bunbury, WA
- Burt Standardised Reading Test: In 9 months of Get Reading Right, an average improvement of 2 years, 2 months.
- South Australian Spelling Test: In 9 monthsof Get Reading Right, an average improvement of 1 year, 3 months.
Al Faisal College – Auburn, NSW
- Kindergarten students working at a higher level than Year 1 were at this time last year!
- 58% increase in Year 1 students reading at PM level 16 or above
- 13% increase in the number of Year 2 students working at or above grade level
Speak with and/or visit a model Get Reading Right School
We have a selection of model schools that would be delighted to welcome you; to see the program in action and share their success stories with you. If you would like to contact a school which uses Get Reading Right please choose from the list below and contact them directly.
- Granville, Sydney, NSW – Blaxcell Street Public School
- Blacktown, Sydney, NSW – Bidwill Public School
- North Coast, NSW – Woodburn Public School
- Homebush, NSW – Homebush Public School
Download their contact details