We produce three sets of Basic Code magnetic letters: Single Sets in NSW Foundation Font and Sassoon Primary Font, as well as a Giant Teacher Set in NSW Foundation Font.
Made by teachers, for teachers:
- The letters follow the same teaching sequence as the Synthetic Phonics Toolkit – Part One – the 29 graphemes from the basic code
- They include digraphs – the letters are linked together to help reinforce the logic that sometimes one phoneme can be represented by two letters
- All the letters are blue (unlike other mixed colour magnetic letters – ‘real’ writing is only ever in one colour!)
- Made from hard wearing foam; friendly to little fingers and reduces classroom noise!
- There is an additional letter ‘s’ so children can make plurals
- There is a tick included in the set so children can put it next to a correctly spelled word
- The back of the letters are 100% magnetised so the magnets won’t drop off
Why use magnetic letters, Jo-Anne Dooner explains:
Order Magnetic Letters online
If you are a school, you can still order online and have the option of paying later by invoice.
Alternatively, download our order form here.
Want some help getting started? Speak to consultant Jessica Elliott-Lawrence telephone 02 8003 3885 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.