Delve into our Decodable Stories and join the Get Reading Right kids as they go on decodable adventures… troublesome cats and dogs, the quest to find the Shelduck ducklings, jazz band try-out and a mischievous elf!
The Practice Books have helped to ensure children are confident with their Synthetic Phonics skills – now children use these automatic phonics skills to read a story and extend comprehension.
Take a look at the Series One, Series Two and Series Three sample pages (when the PDFs open – zoom in) and see how these lively and fun stories include:
- A great narrative from the very first story – give children practise in reading short texts from the earliest stage
- The same sequence as The Synthetic Phonics Toolkit and the Practice Books
- Only 100% decodable or camera words (irregular, high frequency words) so children can get lots of success
- Questions for discussion, covering the early comprehension skills of: creating sensory images, inference, background knowledge and vocabulary expansion
- Clear parent instructions on how to: help when a child gets stuck, practise spelling and comprehension skills
- Perfect for guided reading groups
To order Decodable Stories online, please visit our store.
Alternatively, download our order form here.
Want some help getting started? Speak to consultant Jessica Elliott-Lawrence telephone 02 8003 3885 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.