Strong Pre-Reading Foundations
Phonological and phonemic awareness are shown to be the biggest indicators of future reading success – ensure that your children have the best pre-reading foundations.
- Foundation (kindy/prep/pre-primary) teachers
Teachers will learn:
- About the research which supports the teaching of pre-reading skills
- The difference between phonological and phonemic awareness
- How to explicitly and systematically teach phonological and phonemic awareness
- How to move from pre-reading to Synthetic Phonics
Impact on children:
- All children will have strong foundations to become successful readers and spellers
As a result parents will:
- Know and trust that the school is teaching reading well
- Be able to support their child at home
By spending the first few weeks on pre-reading skills I have found that the children pick up Synthetic Phonics much quicker.
Laura Wayne, Castlemeads Primary
To enquire about training call Jessica on (02) 8003 3885.