Halloween – Grapheme Spider Web!
Reinforce your students’ grapheme recognition with this free, quirky Halloween resource!
- Print Grapheme Spider Web Template
- Photocopy one spider web and fly word page per child
- Give each child one spider web and one fly word page
NOTE: You will need to give each child a pair of scissors and a glue stick to complete the activity.
- Have the children cut out each of the words on the fly word page
- Instruct the children to read one word at a time, placing it in the correct grapheme section of the web (see example below)
- If the word placement is correct, stick the word down
- Give them a few minutes to decorate and colour in their phoneme spider webs. Display the finished work in the classroom as a festive holiday creation
We have included a blank spider web and fly word page for differentiation. Use single graphemes to make the activity easier, and more advanced word patterns to make the activity more difficult.
Read more from our blog!