Free Resource: Easter Bingo Game
This game is a fabulous way to reinforce phoneme-grapheme recognition!
- Download the Easter Bingo Boards
- Write on relevant phoneme representations/words from the target unit (sample bingo boards are available in Parts One, Two and Three of Synthetic Phonics Toolkits!)
- Seat children in groups of six around a table
- Each child will need a dozen tokens
How to play
- Give each child an Easter Bingo Board.
- Say a phoneme/word. Ask children to place a counter on the corresponding grapheme/word.
- Continue with more phonemes/words until a child covers every Easter egg on his board.
- The child who covers all the Easter eggs first shouts “Chocolate!”
To make the game harder, play using camera words.
Fun Tip: Give children real chocolate Easter eggs to use as counters on their Easter Bingo Boards!
Read more from our blog!