Easter Resource: Phonics Rainbow Worksheet!
Keep those little brains enthralled with some spelling representation practice over Easter!
- Print the Phonics Rainbow Worksheet
- Photocopy one rainbow per child and hand out
- Choose one group of spelling representations to work with (e.g. /ee/ea/y/e/) and have the children write one in each of the clouds provided on the left side of the rainbow
- To the entire class, slowly dictate one word at a time from the chosen word list, encouraging them to choose the correct spelling representation and write down the word on their rainbow in the correct stripe
NOTE: You may want to give children who are having difficulty a copy of the chosen word list, making it easier for them to choose and copy the correct word.
- Once they have filled their entire rainbow, give them a few minutes to decorate and colour in their worksheets. Display the finished work in the classroom as a festive holiday creation
To show you just how cute and easy this activity can be, we’ve included a sample for you to look at below:
Read more from our blog!