Get Reading Right Freelance Consultant
Are you passionate about reducing reading and spelling failure with Synthetic Phonics? Are you an experienced teacher? Do you want the independence to work on your own terms?
Get Reading Right is an independent children’s literacy publisher with big ideas. We are seeking teachers who are enthusiastic about getting reading right with Synthetic Phonics.
Our Synthetic Phonics materials have a growing enthusiastic following as parents, teachers and children are getting fantastic results, whilst having fun!
We are looking for consultants, outside of Sydney, to help schools and parents get on board with Synthetic Phonics, and to help them make the improvements in literacy we see time and time again.
- See it as your own business, but without the admin (which we cover). The success of your business will be dependent on the energy you put in.
- The role is commission based so will suit an individual who wants flexibility and to work independently. You might be a part time teacher, or a stay-at-home parent!
- The hours you will work will vary; although typically schools conduct their meetings at 8.15am or 3.15pm. You might want to stipulate a specific day you would be happy to work and we will work around that.
What might you do as a Get Reading Right Consultant?
- Visit schools to explain Synthetic Phonics and Get Reading Right’s approach
- Conduct parent and school workshops on the benefits of Synthetic Phonics
- Conduct in-service training
- Man a stand at principal’s conferences
- Advise schools on the products they need to get started with the Get Reading Right resources
Support from Get Reading Right
- Training in the products and pedagogy
- Full marketing support: email templates, flyers, order forms etc
- One of each of every product
- Office support from the team
Your qualities will include
- Excellent English
- Experienced teacher and experience teaching phonics
- Great inter-personal skills
Please note: you will need to be available during the school day, so if you are currently in a full-time teaching position this role will not suit.
If this sounds exciting, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us a bit about yourself: your teaching experience and your experience with phonics and we will be in touch.