Want to Help Your Child Catch Up in Reading?
Your child might have been diagnosed with a learning difficulty, a teacher might have raised concerns, or you have noticed something is amiss with your child’s reading and/or spelling.
Our Catch-up at Home Packs are here to help!
We give you every tool you need to get back to basics using the research-proven reading and spelling methodology of Synthetic Phonics:
- The Power Pack – games and activities for you to conduct 10-15 minute daily, one-to-one sessions with your child. Tackles difficulties with phoneme knowledge, blending, segmenting, automaticity and fluency with any set of phonemes.
- Practice Books – removes all the stresses of a story, characters, grammar and storyline to your little one’s headspace to concentrate on decoding. Like learning to swim – we don’t start off in the deep end we start in the shallow end, practising our stroke. This is what the Practice Books are doing – they are our phonics floaties!
- Decodable Stories – build confidence by using these 100% decodable stories whilst expanding comprehension and vocabulary.
When he started year one he was in the lowest reading group, in three months he has moved up 5 reading groups. He’s so happy, he feels good about himself, he tells me “he’s a really good reader”.
Lisa Laurence, Mother of Zachary, aged 5
Which one should I use?
For Reading Age: 4.5 – 5.5 Years
- Difficulty reading and/or spelling basic words like: bug, mat, wax, shin, thick, muck and sang.
- Difficulty reading and writing basic sentences, for example: ‘Spot’s a dog. He’s Pam’s pup!’
For Reading Age: 5.5 – 6/6.5 Years
- Difficulties with reading or spelling words such as; sweet, might, apron, foam and statue.
- Difficulty reading and writing sentences which use the ‘long vowel phonemes, such as': ‘He dreams of treats.’ or ‘One Sunday it was rainy and hazy.’
- Children who struggle with making the correct spelling choice for a word. For example, spelling the word ‘cheek’ as cheak or check.
For Reading Age: 6/6.5 – 7 Years
- Difficulties with reading or spelling words such as; moist, elephant, fairy, staircase, smudge and bridge.
- Difficulty reading and writing sentences, such as: ‘He dreams of treats.’ or ‘One Sunday it was rainy and hazy.’
- Children who need further support in making the correct spelling choice for a word.
Order the Catch-up at Home Packs online
Want some help getting started? Speak to consultant Jessica Elliott-Lawrence, telephone (02) 8003 3885 or send an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.