Phoneme Pegosaurus Activity!
This simple activity gets children using their fingers (awesome for fine motor skills) to blend phonemes to spell words!
- Download and print the Pegosaurus Template here.
- Use a marker pen to write the target graphemes on your pegs, remembering to make a few copies of each grapheme so that children have lots of word options.
- You will also need to print our word list from the Synthetic Phonics Toolkit. You can download the word list for Series 1, Unit 1 here.
- Choose a word from the word list.
- Sound out each phoneme in the word and ask the child to find the pegs with the correct graphemes to represent each phoneme.
- As you go, peg the graphemes onto the dinosaur in the correct order, to spell the word.
Read more from our blog!